Sunday, August 24, 2014

Lessons to be Learned.

Well, I can honestly say that the past four weeks have been nothing short of absolutely... interesting. I've seen every corner of the Gangnam Severence Hospital... and then some. I've had needles and IV's poked into my veins on multiple occasions and I've had people pushing on my tummy and asking me if it hurts more often than I'd like to admit. And yet, despite all the efforts that have been exerted in attempts to figure out what's wrong with me... we still don't have a definite answer. And I'm still not getting better. 

Needless to say, I've spent a lot of time laying on my back staring at the ceiling for the past month or so. In all that time, I couldn't help but to wonder what lessons I've learned from this experience. And after a lot of thought, the number one thing that's been coming up in my mind is this: 

People always tend to say that there is adversity in all that is good. But I think what I've come to realize that there is GOOD in all adversity. Yeah, sure, hard things are bound to happen; that's been something we've known since the beginning. We knew we'd come to earth and face trials. Yet so often we find ourselves in the midst of adversity and all we can manage to say is, "Why me??" 

But after all that's happened, the things I will remember most about this experience are the people who did all they could to help, the friendships that have blossomed, the ways in which my faith has been tested, the numerous hysterical hospital stories I can now share whenever people need a chuckle, how much I really love and appreciate this opportunity to be a missionary, and the fact that the Savior suffered for every last little pain and hardship that I've ever had to endure. He knows what I am feeling. Even though nobody else around me understands the full extent of what I'm experiencing... He does. And in the end, what else matters? I'm surrounded by people who love me (both literally and metaphorically) and I know that there's a purpose for all that I will experience in my life. 

I'm still ill but I'm still smiling. I pinky promise. 
I know I'll be fully recovered in no time. It's just a matter of 
the Lord's timing... not my own.

Thank you for all your love and support. 
I can literally feel it lifting me up when my spirits feel low. 

Let's conquer it this week.
xoxo,

Sister Bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment