Sunday, May 25, 2014

This week on the Chopstick Chronicles..

Hello friends, family, loved ones, human beings....

How are you all this week? I've been doing really awesome. I don't even know where to begin with all the things that have been happening over here in Korea. But I suppose I'll go ahead and share some pretty awesome news... we're officially teaching seven progressing (emphasis on progressing-- they're all doing so well!) investigators and as of yesterday, we've set a baptism date for one! I can't even begin to explain how happy I was when it happened. We were just sitting in sacrament (Easter Sunday) and our investigator leans over to me and says, "So... do I have to get baptized?" And I just looked at her for a moment before I registered what she was trying to say before I immidiately began to explain to her that baptism is a choice and that we invited her to do so because it has blessed our lives and our families lives and that because we love her we want it to bless her life as well. Long story short, after a long conversation about what baptism is and how everything works (all the way down to showing her the baptismal font, the baptismal dresses, and showing her how to stand and whatnot) she looked at us and said, "Okay. When can I get baptized?" Without hesitating we whipped out a calendar on our phone and she picked out a date. I haven't stopped smiling since! My heavens, missionary work is the best! I don't even feel like I'm doing anything-- miracles keep happening. God's the one doing the work, we're just at the right place at the right time, it seems. 

Transfer calls come this week. So yes, this is officially my last week as a "greenie" and I'm freaking out. I really really want to stay where I'm at. Just for one more transfer. Of course, I'll go where the Lord needs me to go and I'll go with a smile if He asks me to do so... but I realllllly want to stay here and stay with Sister Sloan. I figured I might as well throw that out there because I want the world to know how much I love 만수 and how much I love my companion. But hey, I suppose that one of the greatest things we can learn on our mission is how to adapt to changes and how to do so with a good attitude? 

Easter Sunday was... just like every other day. Maybe Koreans don't really celebrate holidays quite like Americans do? But it's whatever. We were sitting in our apartment at the end of the day and Sister Sloan randomly exclaimed, "Easter's gonna be so boring..." and so without delay I immidiately found my way to the fridge, grabbed all the eggs, and then plopped myself down on the floor of our apartment and without a word started drawing on them with sharpies. Sister Sloan just laughed when she saw me.. and then joined me on the floor with a sharpie of her own. Maybe we had a ghetto Easter but whatever, I still thought it was fun. :) :) And no... we didn't boil the eggs. We just drew on unboiled eggs because we're weird. 

I experienced a Korean funeral this week. That was really cool. But I don't have time to talk about it... so maybe just google "Korean Funerals." All I'm going to say is this: Koreans use everything as an excuse to eat.

But yeah. I dunno. The weeks all blur together and so I always feel like I don't have much to write anymore. But know that I'm happy and doing well and that I'm enjoying being a missionary a whole bunch. It's crazy to think that I'm almost at my 5 month mark. Like... huh? Where did the time go? I lost it. I really lost it. But that's alright, they say time flies when you're having fun, right? I must be having a BLAST!

I hope you remember to tell God how grateful you are for the blessing that the gospel is in your life! And I hope you remember to thank Him for the blessing I am in your life... (okay, maybe that was sarcastic, but whatever.)

I love you and pray for you always!
xoxo,

Sister CaLea Bagley

p.s. eat some ice cream this week. And brownies. I miss brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment