Sunday, May 25, 2014

Well, it's been another fantastic week in Asia. Sometimes I'll be sitting there just having a casual conversation with my companion and say something like, "Before I lived in Korea..." and then just stop dead in the middle of my sentence and just sit in utter bafflement at the reality of the fact that I'm actually living in Korea. Me, little CaLea from little American Fork, Utah. I'm living the dream in Korea, folks. 

So maybe I can't exactly talk about specific things that happened this week because missionary life doesn't feel like individual days or individual weeks or anything individual at all, actually. Mostly it just feels like one giant continuous experience hat warps time and leaves you entirely confused about how much time really has or has no passed. That being said, just go ahead and assume that it's been a good week and that the work of the Lord is progressing (as always) in the lovely land of Korea. 

I was grateful to have the opportunity to watch General Conference! It dawned on me that this was the very first conference I've spent away from my family... uhhh. Yikes. That was an interesting moment. But it was fine because I could basically picture everthing that happened at home during conference while I watched it. (Every time a woman spoke I thought, "I wonder how bad Corley is making fun of her right now." Love you, bro.) So maybe I've only watched two sessions in English so far... but as much as I understood in Korean sounded pretty great as well! (Don't worry, I'll have watched every session in English by the end of the week.) 

I think one of my favorite things about Korea in the spring is the WHITE cherry blossoms that are blooming everywhere. The snows all look like they're covered in snow. And my very very favorite is when the wind knocks off the petals and it looks like it's snowing. 

I miss you all and I love you all. You're in my prayers always. 
Smile lots this week.

xoxo,

Sister Bagley

p.s. read Alma 53-56. I totally sobbed like a baby when I read it this week. I've never been a crier... but MAN the story of the stripling warriors really got me this week. It's a good one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment