1. I got hit my a minivan. Straight up hit by a car. Do not fear, all is well! It was just a peculiar set of circumstances that resulted in a peculiar series of events. My companion thought I was going to die and all I could manage to do was laugh. I'm a survivor.
2. I had my first experience with a Korean hospital. Which was also a really strange experience but I'm all about trying and experiencing new things so I'll just add that to my list of adventures.
3. Transfer calls came this week and I will be staying with Sister Giles in Gangnam for another transfer! It's going to be a lot of fun. Korea is getting hotter and we're both dreading the summer season. We keep talking about how hot it is and all the Koreans keep telling us is, "This is nothing. Just wait." I'm absolutely terrified.
4. Speaking of how hot it is... my companion and I have both resolved to never wear make up and to always wear our hair in buns on the tops of our heads because of how hot it's getting. Make up just melts off of faces and hair just makes it hotter. So we've come up with the best solution: no make up and top knots for the win!
5. So a few weeks ago Ginay shared this scripture with me: Acts But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:" When I read it, I immediately loved it. So much, in fact, that I wrote it on the inside cover of my new planner. Anyways, as I was reading in the Book of Mormon I came across Moroni "And the office of their ministry is to call men unto repentance, and to fulfil and to do the work of the covenants of the Father, which he hath made unto the children of men, to prepare the way among the children of men, by declaring the word of Christ unto the chosen vessels of the Lord, that they may bear testimony of him." Each of us has potential to do and be great things. God knows all that we are capable of becoming-- even if we don't always seem to see it in ourselves. But part of the reason I really liked these two scriptures was that it's not just talking about US, but it's talking about OTHER people being vessels unto the Lord. And part of our job as members of the church is to share the gospel with others so that they can start reaching towards their full potential-- just like we are trying to do. So cool. I'm preaching the gospel to vessels of the Lord. :): "
6. Another scripture I read that really hit me this week (pertaining to the "why" of missionary work): Alma 26:3-7