Sunday, June 29, 2014

It's Getting So Hot.

Last night as I was saying my bedtime prayers I got hit with the most distinct thought: 

"The trick is other people. 
When you feel as if your prayers aren't working, 
Pray for other people. 
When you feel angry, frustrated, or upset,
Serve other people.
People, being human, tend to focus too much on themselves
when often the conflict can only be solved by
Focusing on other people."

And so I haven't been able to stop thinking about that ever since. And last night, as I was praying, I stopped asking for things for myself and I started praying for every single person I could possibly think of. I think I'm going to keep doing that. I liked the way it felt. 

We got to go to the temple again this week and I was so beyond grateful for that opportunity. I have always loved being at the temple. It was one of my favorite things before the mission, it's one of my favorite things during the mission, and I have no doubt in my mind that it will continue to be one of my favorite things for the rest of my life. So many friends were there as well! We got to take a picture with a couple of the people from our 동기 (group of missionaries I arrived in Korea with) and we all just couldn't believe that in a week and a half we'll be at our six month mark. I have no idea where all the time went. There's never enough time to accomplish all that I want to accomplish!

I got to buy a copy of the Conference edition of the Ensign at the temple-- It's been such a blast getting to go back through all of the talks and learn all sorts of new things. It was such a good conference. I'm STILL enjoying it thoroughly. It's so funny to me that you can learn completely different things from a talk when you read it as opposed to when you listened to it. 

So, Korea is getting ridiculously hot. And it's just the beginning. I'm convinced that the summer is going to cause me to melt. I'm a Utah girl who is used to the dry Utah weather and experiencing heat doubled with humidity is probably the most obnoxious thing I've ever done. My hair will not leave the bun on the top of my head for the next five months and I will probably never stop sweating. Gross. But it's gonna be fun! And now I have all the more reason to eat ice-cream at least once an hour. 

It hasn't been a very busy week...
But I'm doing good and I'm smiling a lot too.

Happy Graduation to Jadie Lady! (I can't believe you're getting so big.)
Happy (almost) summer vacation to everyone else! 

I love you all so very, very much.

xoxo,

Sister CaLea Bagley




No comments:

Post a Comment