Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hello February!

See ya, January. 

My heavens. Can you belive that a whole year ago I was stepping off a plane into the land of Korea for the first time? SO MUCH has happened since then... and yet I swear it hasn't been a whole year already. It's funny to look back to the Sister Bagley then and remember the expectations and plans that used to be dancing through my brain-- things happened much differently than I expected but I wouldn't change it for the world. I am one of those people who fully believese that EVERYTHING happens for a reason and that there are no such things as coincidences. 

I also am a firm believer that we are blessed with extra strength, knowledge, and capabilities when we need them in order to help those around us. We had an english member in the hospital this past week. Thanks to my many experiences in the hospital on my own behalf, I have a little collection of hospital vocabulary that I was able to offer to them as an assistance. Sister Tovar and I were down at the assistance desk trying to figure out an interpreter situation for them when I was struck with this overwhelming sense of gratitude for the help that Heavenly Father gives us in every aspect of our missionary work. Like, yeah, I have a LOT to work on when it comes to getting this language down, but there are always moments in which He helps the words come to mind and when He helps us to understand the things that are being said to us so we can more fully help those who are around us. It's so humbling to see how much He helps us on a day-to-day basis. I'm grateful to know that I have a Heavenly Father who not only knows me and loves me, but who gives me opportunities every single day to grow, improve, and become more like the Sister CaLea Bagley that HE knows I can be. 

Time is passing fast and slow all at the same time. I'm not sure how I feel about that. But I guess the advice I keep giving myself is this: make the most out of every moment you're given. If you think about it, with every passing moment, things change. So if you want to enjoy every moment, you've got to enjoy it as it is. 

I'm grateful for this gospel! I know that it blesses me every single day and that it has influenced every aspect of my life since the day I was born. For that, I will forever be grateful. I love being a missionary. I hope everything is well with you, wherever you may be. 

xoxo,

Sister CaLea Bagley



No comments:

Post a Comment